With the hot, humid weather of the Northwest Arkansas summer already beginning to show itself, the last thing you need is for your air conditioning to fail when you need it most. Properly conducted preventive maintenance by an air conditioning expert will give you the peace of mind in knowing that your system should keep humming right through the dog days. Have your service technician perform an extensive inspection and adjustment of your system to ensure it is working at peak efficiency.
You should rely on a trained professional who has the tools, instruments and parts required to properly inspect and repair your system. Typical inspection and maintenance points include:
- Check refrigerant levels, find and correct any leaks and properly recover evacuated refrigerant if required
- Inspect electrical system switches, capacitors, relays and contactors and replace any defective parts as needed
- Measure voltage and amperage across components to ensure proper operation
- Check entire system for loose connections
- Clean and inspect condenser, coil and fan motor
- Inspect compressor
- Adjust belt tension as needed
- Lubricate and inspect blower motor
- Inspect and lubricate moving parts and bearings
- Measure air temperature at evaporator coil to ensure it falls within tolerance
- Adjust evaporator coil superheat control as needed to ensure proper operation
- Check thermostat
- Ensure condensate is free of obstructions
- Check and seal ducts as required
- Check filter
Your service technician should provide a checklist of the annual maintenance process and include results in your report. Also bear in mind that your preventive maintenance may indicate additional repairs, adjustments or replacements are required. Be sure your service technician routinely stocks commonly needed parts for your system so repairs can be made on the spot and to avoid delays of several days while awaiting replacements. It’s also a good idea to schedule your preventive maintenance as early in spring as possible, when dealers are not swamped by calls from those who have waited until the last minute.
For questions about preventive maintenance in Northwest Arkansas or to schedule your service call, the air conditioning experts at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal are always eager and available to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal services Northwest Arkansas. To get started, check out our website.