How would you like to have your monthly electricity and gas bills cut down by one-third?
It is possible. According to Energy Star’s Home Advisor, the typical northwest Arkansas home has the potential for energy savings of 33 percent by simply improving the energy efficiency of your home and appliances. To start saving on your bills, follow these energy savings tips:
- Seal leaks in your home. The HVAC system is responsible for about half of a home’s energy consumption. If your home has air leaks, then some of that air conditioning or heating that you’ve paid for is literally sneaking away outside.
- Seal leaks in your ductwork. Within your home can lie another leaking problem: the air ducts in a typical home leak out one-fifth of the air from your furnace or A/C before they ever reach the living areas.
- Add more insulation. Do you know the insulation levels in your home? Insulation levels are measured by R-values, and for Northwest Arkansas, it is recommended to have an insulation level of R-38 in the attic, and R-13 for all other exterior walls.
- Install a programmable thermostat. If your home is empty for stretches of the day, such as while you are at work, a programmable thermostat could provide you with considerable energy savings by turning down the heat or A/C while you are away.
- Install high-efficiency heating and air conditioning. If your current HVAC system is more than a decade old, then there are high-efficiency heating and air conditioning options now available that can keep you just as comfortable while using much less electricity or gas.
- Install a high-efficiency water heater. After the HVAC system, a hot water heater is often the second-biggest consumer of energy in a home. New designs, such as tankless models, can provide energy savings as high as 30 percent.
For more information on any of these tips, contact us at Paschal Heat & Air Conditioning Co. As your Northwest Arkansas energy specialists, we have a range of new energy-efficient options for your home, and can keep your equipment running efficiently with our Energy Savings Agreements. Call us today; we’ll be happy to help.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information, click here to download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal services Northwest Arkansas. To get started, check out our website.