The Energy Star label has become a symbol for energy-saving appliances and equipment. Consumers across America have been able to save energy, and therefore money, on quality Energy Star-labeled products for several years. Allowing consumers to achieve these two goals—energy and monetary savings—was the reason the Energy Star was created in the first place.
Today, products in several different categories can earn the prestigious Energy Star label, but the EPA’s requirements are quite strict to help consumers make wise energy efficient decisions that will actually make a difference on their utility bills. In order to qualify, products must:
- Offer energy savings nationwide.
- Provide all the features and high level of performance that consumers expect while saving them money on their energy bills.
- Be properly tested to prove energy-saving abilities.
- Help consumers recover their initial investment thanks to energy savings.
When consumers see the Energy Star label on a product, they know it exceeds government minimums and will help provide greater savings for the next several years of use. Therefore, sometimes the EPA revises specifications. Some reasons for this include:
- Government minimum changes.
- Technological advancements that allow more than 50 percent of products in a category to qualify for the Energy Star label.
- Performance issues or problems seeing the energy savings that were expected from using the product.
Because of the strict requirements to earn the Energy Star label and the periodic changes that the EPA makes, you know that Energy Star qualified products will meet your expectation of high quality and great energy savings.
If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, furnace, heat pump, humidifier or other HVAC equipment, we have what you are looking for at Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal. Contact us todayto find out more about our award-winning products and services.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about energy star and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Paschal Heating, Air & Geothermal services Northwest Arkansas. Visit our website to see our special offers and get started today!