Any Yellow Pages or Internet search can tell you that there are dozens of contractors to choose from when you have an HVAC problem. But how do you know which contractor is right for you? Asking friends, family members and co-workers can be helpful. When it’s time to pick up the phone, remember that there is only one name recognized throughout the entire heating and cooling industry that represents excellence, knowledge and dedication to craft — NATE.
NATE (North American Technician Excellence)
NATE is the premier organization for certification in heating, ventilation and air conditioning coast to coast. A NATE-certified contractor has undergone a process of testing for HVAC service and/or installation, and one or more specific areas. Contractors and technicians holding NATE certification are knowledgable, experienced and are always improving their expertise with ongoing training. If you need service or installation, call a NATE-certified contractor and you’ll be assured of the following:
- Your equipment will be serviced and/or installed to run at peak efficiency, giving you the most savings possible.
- Your equipment will be installed and serviced right the first time. NATE-certified contractors receive 13 percent fewer callbacks and warranty returns.
- Your contractor will be knowledgable of the best home-comfort systems to match your home.
- Your NATE-certified contractor represents the top standard in the industry.
There are other criteria that you must require of your contractor. As well as NATE certification, look and ask for the following:
- Proof that the contractor is licensed and insured.
- The contractor should be established in the area for a long time.
- Must provide references to verify reputation.
- Maintains a large inventory for fast service. (You don’t want to wait a week for a repair).
- Employs honest technicians and operates a drug-free workplace.
- Everything is in writing, up front, and clearly explained, including warranties, guarantees, parts, labor and continued service calls.
Your heating and cooling equipment is a major home investment. Trust it only to a NATE-certified contractor. Contact Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal. We provide residents in northwest Arkansas with expert service and care.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about NATE-certified contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.