It’s tax season, and if you get money back, it’s always a good idea to invest in something that will benefit you and your home in the long run — such as a new heat pump.
Why a Heat Pump?
Since northwest Arkansas has moderate heating and cooling needs, a heat pump will be an energy-efficient choice for your home. Heat pumps are more efficient than most heating systems because they transfer heat instead of producing heat, which requires less energy.
How Heat Pumps Work
Heat pumps extract the heat from the outdoor air or the ground and transfers that heat to your indoor air. They also work in cooling your home by pulling out the heat from your indoor air and moving it to the outdoor air.
Heat Pump Pros
- You won’t need two separate systems for your home, one for heating and one for cooling.
- They use around 30 to 40 percent less electricity than most other heating systems.
- They are environmentally friendly, since they don’t burn any fuel.
- You’ll enjoy lower energy bills.
- They distribute heat more evenly throughout a house as compared to a furnace, so you won’t experience cold spots.
Heat Pump Cons
- They don’t work as well in climates that have extremely cold temperatures in the wintertime.
- Your home might not feel as warm like with a furnace when the outdoor air is at very low temperatures.
For more information about heat pumps, contact the professionals at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have and work with you in finding the right heating solution for your home. We proudly serve the northwest Arkansas area.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about heat pumps and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.