Whether you need an installation, repair, or routine checkup, it’s imperative that you do business with a qualified HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) contractor if you want your job done right.
Here are a few tips that can help you find a professional HVAC contractor with which to do business:
- Ask your friends for recommendations: Successful jobs in the past indicate that the company has the knowledge required to get the job done right the first time around. You can also check the contractor’s experience by seeing how long they have been in business, or even ask the company for references that you can contact.
- Choose a contractor that hires NATE-certified technicians: North American Technician Excellence is a program that trains and certifies the most competent technicians in the HVAC industry. Only trust the job to a NATE technician.
- Look for high-efficiency heating and cooling products: You want the most efficient, up-to-date equipment possible if you’re shopping for an upgrade. Therefore, be sure to do business with an HVAC contractor who offers some of the finest equipment on the market.
- Ask for an estimate over the phone: This trick question will help you rule out some companies who claim they can offer an accurate estimate before seeing the project in person. Only do business with a company that insists on visiting your property and seeing the project in question before making a bid.
- Ensure your contractor uses advanced sizing techniques: Improper sizing years ago or efficiency improvements over the years could have you stuck with poorly sized equipment. Therefore, ask your contractor what sizing techniques or calculations he will use. You don’t want a contractor who simply wants to replace your existing system with a more efficient one of the same size. Instead, you want to hear that your contractor will conduct a home inspection to determine the proper size equipment for your situation.
- Ask for a contract: Never allow work to begin before you have signed a proposal outlining the details of the project, estimated completion time, and the total cost of the project.
At Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal, we are dedicated to meeting or exceeding all your expectations. Contact us today to set up an appointment with one of our highly qualified, NATE-certified technicians. We’ve proudly served the Northwest Arkansas area for more than 40 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about HVAC contractors and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.