In order to ensure your Northwest Arkansas home will remain comfortable through the heating season, you should take the important step of scheduling preventive maintenance, if you haven’t already. Your HVAC maintenance visit will ensure that your system is cleaned, lubricated and inspected for safety hazards. In addition, regular service appointments help maintain optimum energy efficiency, saving you money on utility bills and extending the life of your home comfort system.
Here’s how to get the most out of that upcoming HVAC maintenance visit:
- Show your HVAC contractor the location of your circuit breaker/fuse box, as well as your thermostat(s), A/C or heat pump system (including indoor and outside-the-home components) and/or furnace.
- Keep the model numbers and brand/manufacturer name of your home comfort system close at hand. (You may have been asked for this information when you called for an appointment.)
- Explain any problems you’ve had with your heating and cooling system since the last service call. Tell your HVAC technician about any symptoms you’ve noticed, like strange noises. When do they happen? What do they sound like? How long has the issue been going on? Make notes in advance of the visit so your technician can check out everything.
- Do you think your air conditioner or heat pump is frozen? Please turn it off a few hours before your appointment so that it’s ready to be serviced at your appointment time.
- Ready the area around your air conditioning and heating equipment by moving furniture out of the immediate area and/or ensuring clear access to the closet, attic or basement.
- If you can’t be home to allow the technician to enter, let us know and designate an adult (18 or over) to grant entry.
- Please provide us with your direct contact number(s) so we can confirm your appointment and communicate important pre-service information.
- Please keep small children and pets away from the work area.
- If you’re renting the home, make sure you know the landlord’s policy on who’s responsible for payment for the service/maintenance call.
Questions about HVAC maintenance? Contact the experts at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal by visiting our website, or just give us a call.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Northwest Arkansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about maintenance and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock