As a homeowner, you may wonder how to best ventilate your home without wasting energy and letting in unwanted contaminants and humidity. An energy recovery ventilation (ERV) system is designed to provide fresh air to your home with minimal energy loss.
An ERV removes the heat and moisture of incoming outdoor air and exhausts it back outdoors. This helps keep humidity balanced while maintaining home comfort. For allergy and asthma sufferers, it is an ideal purchase, as it extracts pollutants and sends them outdoors as well. So not only are you saving energy, you’re breathing cleaner air.
Here are some advantages of ERVs.
- An ERV provides fresh, clean air, improving the indoor air quality of your home.
- When it is warm and humid, an ERV system offers comfort and relief because it can provide fresh air while transferring incoming humidity back outdoors.
- ERVs will not hinder the flow of air for regular filtration.
- They’re perfect for upgraded energy-efficient homes and new homes that are tightly sealed.
- System operation is controlled by a conveniently wall-mounted Healthy Climate control system.
- ERVs also provide health benefits, removing dust and other airborne contaminants from circulation. And unlike some air cleaning systems, ERVs don’t give off ozone emissions that are known to irritate your lungs.
Contact Paschal Heat, Air, & Geothermal for more information on energy recovery ventilation Systems. We’ve been serving communities of Northwest Arkansas for over 45 years.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Springdale, Arkansas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about energy recovery ventilation systems and other HVAC topics, download our free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Thinglass/Shutterstock”