Regular preventive care is vital to keep your home’s HVAC system operating, but it’s easy to forget about scheduling maintenance every spring and fall. When you sign up for an HVAC maintenance plan with a reputable contractor, you’ll be reminded about booking essential twice-yearly service appointments and reap many other benefits too.
What are the Advantages of a Yearly HVAC Maintenance Plan?
At a minimum, a HVAC maintenance plan includes a spring cooling system check and a fall heating system tune up. In addition to the peace of mind of receiving routine maintenance reminders, these semi-annual inspections by a knowledgeable HVAC technician bring you some key benefits:
- Improved energy efficiency — A HVAC system that doesn’t receive regular care can lose up to 5 percent of its efficiency each year. When your equipment is well-maintained, it stays running at peak efficiency and consumes less energy, so you save money on your annual heating and cooling costs.
- Safe operation — During a routine maintenance visit, a trained technician checks critical components like the electrical wiring, fuel burner, heat exchanger and gas lines so there’s less risk of fires, gas leaks or carbon monoxide exposure.
- Fewer breakdowns and failures — When routine maintenance is performed twice a year, your HVAC pro has an opportunity to find and address any small issues before they can cause a breakdown that requires a costly repair or an equipment failure and expensive, premature replacement.
- Priority service — Problems with a home’s heating and cooling system tend to develop at the height of the season, when the equipment is under the greatest strain. When you have a maintenance plan in place, you’re included on a priority service list, so you won’t have to wait in line for a diagnosis and repair.
- Manufacturer’s warranty compliance — If a system component fails while under warranty, you’ll have the proof of maintenance that your manufacturer requires to cover the failed equipment.
- Savings on service and repairs — When a repair is necessary or it’s time to upgrade, you’ll get a service plan customer discount on the repair cost or your new equipment purchase.
To learn more about the benefits and cost of our yearly HVAC maintenance plans, contact the Springdale area home comfort pros at Paschal Heat, Air & Geothermal.
Our goal is to help Northwest Arkansas homeowners learn more about the different cost, energy consumption and comfort issues related to their HVAC systems.